- This marks the first special that runs only 30 minutes.
- The episode marks the first appearance of Pip the Pirate Genie.
- Jake and his crew collect twelve gold doubloons.
- The episode was written by Kelly James,
- The episode makes various references to the Disney film Aladdin:
- Jake and his crew asking Pip what would he wish for mirrors Aladdin asking Genie.
- Pip desiring his freedom from his bottle for how many years and wishes to travel the Never Sea similar to Genie trapped in a lamp and wanting to travel the world.
- Pip is forced to make wishes for Captain Hook and his crew and explains to Jake that he can't disobey the wielder of his bottle.Similar to Genie informing Aladdin that he is force to serve Jafar as his new master due to him holding the lamp.
- The final wish of Jake and crew wish for Pip's freedom just like Aladdin is to set the Genie free.As previous mentioned both genies explores the world and later telling tales about their adventures.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.